Wednesday 4 January 2012

Janathon - Day 3 & 4

So I was really naughty yesterday and I didn't have time to blog!

I went to the gym yesterday, the weather was absolutely horrific and the idea of getting out of my lightweight road bike in the dark, rain and wind did not appeal as much as you might think. So gym it was, and I did a quick hour on the stationary bike. The stats are unrealistic. Clearly it's not the same as getting out on the roads but it is better than nothing and keeps my Janathon ticking over!! I didn't just flat out ride though, used the rolling hills program and did the 'Kilamanjaro' settings, basically gradual up and gradual down!

Me and April also went to a Marathon Clinic run by a local running club, the David Lloyd Redway Runners. It was really interesting, a couple of speakers and information for newbies who haven't run a marathon before. Ape was initially planning to run her first 26.2 miles in the New Forest in September, but after a speaker yesterday was bigging up the MK Marathon, her plans have slightly altered and she is now in the MK Mara... in April. Best get training Ape!

I won't be able to train for MK but hopefully if my recovery goes well, me and Ape can both still run New Forest in September. Hopefully I will start very light running nexxt week.

Day 3's Totals:


Day 4 was my fiirst day back at work after the Christmas break and I was out early this morning for work, and had a very long day out onsite and in meetings. Decided not to bike as my ankle was a bit sore after three days of pushing it, so did an upper body weights and a core workout at home. I think this is still in the rules, I'm still exercising! My workout was...

3 x 12 Chest Flys
3 x 12 Shoulder Clean & Press
3 x 12 Chest Press
3 x 12 Bicep Curl
3 x 12 Tricep Curl
3 x 12 Forearm Curls

Core Workout - I'm not ashamed to admit I do one that I stole from one of Ape's Davina DVDs!!! It's a really goood workout actually so works for me.


Janathon Totals:
Miles: 41.9
Time: 2:50:37
Weight: 89.3kg (Change = +/- 1.2kg) - Haven't weight in for a couple of days, will weigh in weekly from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment